Climate Emergency Coalition

Climate Emergency Coalition

Current state of the climate

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Dennis Keierleber
      Participant

Everybody enjoying the warm summer? Here in Idaho, one of the reddest states, a local TV weatherman just had a segment on how much the summers have warmed and mention the new climate assessment tools that allow scientists to attribute the severity of events to climate change. Impressive but he did not mention the future.

The Tonga sub-sea volcanic eruption, last January, put enough water into the stratosphere to cause some further warming for several years. Is that signal apparent or is the reflective properties of the included aerosols still dominant?

The EPA is launching a program to look for methane leaks in the Permian basin. I hope the unexplained increase in methane emissions is from oil and gas production as opposed to methane releases from shallow Arctic seas and melting tundra permafrost. We shall see.

It would be nice to see an equivalent carbon version of the Keeling Curve. I’m sure scientists know what that looks like and use that data in their simulations. I can find graphs of methane and nitrous oxide but no combined, carbon equivalent graphs. Anybody know of one?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.