Media Type: Article - Foundational
Author(s): Andrew Gains
This is a presentation about how we can align to catalyse mainstream commitment to a life-affirming culture, rather than continuing on our present course of ecological self-destruction. Actually, it’s part presentation and part conversation. We are exploring ideas together.
It is designed to be done face-to-face. Physical markers pasted on cardboard are laid down one at a time to tell a story and connect the dots. They help people keep track of what could be a very complex conversation.
Many people have found this presentation persuasive, because it is concise, connect the dots, and makes sense. As a result, they become enthusiastic about seeding the goal of transitioning to a life-affirming culture into mainstream society.
The purpose of this presentation/conversation is to
- quickly take people’s thinking to the level of whole system change
- introduce the overarching goal of transitioning to a life-affirming culture
- show how we can align to catalyse a movement to seed both the goal and the understanding of what’s involved into mainstream culture.
It has four sections:
• Five Steps to an Effective Movement for Large-Scale Transformative Change
• Big Picture Drivers of Global Warming
• Connecting Aspiration with Practical Action (With a side section on partnership-respect relating in contrast to domination control relating)
• The Great Transition Initiative
Find the complete article available for download at the top of this page.