Integration and Implementation Insights (I2Insights) blog
Public Node active 3 weeks, 2 days ago
This is a blog for researchers who:
• want better concepts and methods for understanding and acting on complex real-world problems – problems like refugee crises, global climate change, and inequality.
• are intrigued by the messiness of how components of a problem interact, how context can be all-important and how power can stymie or facilitate action.
• understand that complex problems do not have perfect solutions; instead that “best possible” or “least worst” solutions are more realistic aims.
• enjoy wrangling with unknowns to head-off, or better manage, unintended adverse consequences and unpleasant surprises.
• are keen to look across the boundaries of their own expertise to see what concepts and methods those coming from other academic backgrounds and grappling with other problems have to offer.
• want to join forces to build a community which freely shares concepts and methods for dealing with complex problems, so that these become a stronger part of the mainstream of academic research and education.
Gabriele Bammer posted an update in the node Integration and Implementation Insights (I2Insights) blog 3 weeks, 2 days ago
What can participatory modelling and citizen science learn from each other?
Participatory modelling can learn about broad engagement and co-creation from citizen science. Citizen science can learn a range of methods from participatory modelling. Citizen science & participatory modelling also face common questions of social dynamics in research…[Read more]
Gabriele Bammer posted an update in the node Integration and Implementation Insights (I2Insights) blog 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Lessons learnt when technical expertise cannot reflect community values
Community aspirations identify more desirable outcomes than technical considerations can meet. Meeting community aspirations requires multidisciplinary research. Scenarios can help community understand consequences of its aspirations. See Melissa Robson’s blog post at:…[Read more]
Gabriele Bammer posted an update in the node Integration and Implementation Insights (I2Insights) blog 2 months, 1 week ago
Co-creation requires moving beyond differences & bring out best in each other
Improve collaboration by focusing on shared values & common interests – through sharing stories and distilling commonalities. See Doug Easterling’s blog post at https://i2insights.org/2017/01/12/good-solutions-in-problem-solving/
Gabriele Bammer posted an update in the node Integration and Implementation Insights (I2Insights) blog 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Check out the latest blog posts – we have been active for one year, with 100 blog posts published. We have published:
• 82 blog posts on methods (37), concepts (36), case studies (4), theory (3) and processes (2)
• 6 blog posts on education
• 12 on institutionalization (8) or college of peers (4)
Ten of the most common tags are: Modelling (28),…[Read more]